Managed Application in Intune
Since few years, Microsoft had add into Intune plateforme the functionnality managed application.
- Microsoft Skype for Business (MAM with MDM) available now for iOS and Android
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM (MAM with MDM) available now for iOS and Android
- Adobe Reader (MAM with MDM) available now for iOS
You can make an application managed if you want. For this action you must wrapped an application. Few managed application are present on Intune.
For IOS application
For Android Application
What is Managed Application ?
With this solution you can manage specific function of your application. It’s more important because your application can contain a corporate Data, so it’s more important to isolate public application and corporate application. You can deploy multiple rules :
- deny copy/paste between application or between managed application and personnal application.
- Force a pin code when user launch application
- Encrypt data present in the managed application
Your Device must execute IOS 7 or Android 4 or higher.
To implement these strategies, it is necessary to create your wrapped application or obtain a link of public managed application (in the stores, App Store, Play Store,…)
- Add Application into SCCM or Intune (SAAS)
- Create mobile Application management Policy (you can’t deploy only this rules, it’s must deploy with the application.
- Deploy the application and choose the rules
- Monitor the deployment
This functionnality works with Intune in SAAS Mode or Intune with SCCM.With SCCM, Managed Application appear with the SP1 of SCCM 2012 R2 or SP2 of SCCM 2012. Rules for manage application with Intune in SAAS Mode
Rules for manage application with SCCM 2012 R2