What is Enterprise Manager 10
Veeam Backup & Replication is a component that enables reporting and management of Veeam Backup & Replication. With Enterprise Manager you can manage a multiple Veeam Backup & Replication from one platform :
- Manage all of your jobs (on single or multiple Veeam Server
- Report on individual jobs centrally and set up notifications.
- Search for file, machine in different backups or replicas.
- Perform physical or virtual machine restores
- Centralized license management
- Manage VMware vCloud Director, vSphere, etc.)
What’s new in Veeam Backup v10
Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager permit to display the file share backup jobs. It’s also possible to monitor file share backup or performance. The restoration can be launched from Enterprise Manager. With version 10, it’s possible to implement SAML authentification and set up a single sign-on for Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager. You can also restore disk of Vmware vSphere VMs. This restoration can be into the original or a new location.
System Requirements for Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
The Veeam Backup & Réplication Enterprise Manager must the following requirements (a minimal requirement :
- x64 processor
- A minimum of 4 Gb of RAM
- 2 Gb for the system disk
Prerequisites concerning the operating system
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 / 2012 / 2012 R2 / 2016 /2019
- Windows 7 SP1 / 8.1 / Windows 10 1607 or later
Prerequisites concerning the SQL Database
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 / 2008 R2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Management Objects and Microsoft System CLR for SQL Server 2014
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 / 2017 /2019
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017 / 2019
Microsoft Excel 2007 or later is used by Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager for view the report.
Install Enterprise Manager
Connect the ISO file to the Veeam Server and run the setup file.
Click on Install for launch installation.
Check I accept the terms of the Veeam licence agreement and I accept the terms of the 3rd party components licence agreements
Select the licence file with Browse button.
Click on Next on Program features Windows.
Click on Install for install all missing feature.
Select the user account and enter the password.
My server contain a SQL instance. Configure SQL Server Instance Windows and click on Next.
By default, self-signed certificate is used but you can use the certificate of your PKI.
Click on Install to launch installation.
Click on Finish to close wizard.
The new shortcut appear on the desktop.
Add Backup Server
Open Veeam Backup Enteprise Manager and click on Backup Server (Status).
A new windows appear, click on the link Backup Servers
Click on Add for add new backup server.
Enter DNS Name or IP address of Veeam backup server and enter the credential. Click on OK for connect to the server.
Click on Start Collecting for collect all data.
Data appear on Enterprise Manager.